Founder and Curator of Indie Manila / A&R Manager and Label Head of Island Records Philippines
Binangonan, Rizal, Philippines
- Connecting with artists and creating music experiences are BEL CERTEZA’s main passions. She started out as a fan going to gigs and eventually created a platform called Indie Manila, an online and offline platform that bridged the gap between musicians and fans.
- In July 2020, she became the A&R Manager and Label Head for Island Records Philippines, a label under one of the biggest music company in the world — Universal Music Group.
- A constant presence in the Music scene, she started out as a live music fan in 2005. In 2010, she started filming and taking photos of live performances and sharing them through various online platforms like YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Her passion for discovering hidden live music gems mixed with strong Documentation and Social Media background paved the way in bridging the gap between music fans and unknown underground bands. This led to the conception of Indie Manila, a live music online and offline community where Certeza would curate shows featuring unknown indie bands at different iconic music venues in Manila i.e. SaGuijo in Makati, Route 196 in Quezon City, and 12 Monkeys in Ortigas to name a few.
- Certeza’s initiatives in Indie Manila led her to be part of the pioneering team of Homonym, the first Music Agency in the Philippines from 2016 to June 2020. Being part of a Music Agency honed her skills in curating Events and working closely with Artists. This job further contributed to her goal of helping the music industry by giving opportunities to independent artists to work with brands and other amazing projects.
- She also worked as Freelance Project Manager for one of the most notable music event in the Philippines in the recent years — Sandwich’s 20th Anniversary Show in Metrotent, Ortigas.
- In 2018, she started attending and representing Indie Manila and the Philippines in various annual Music Conferences around South East Asia. She is often invited not only as a delegate but as a panelist to speak about Independent Music in the Philippines in countries like Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Thailand. These opportunities sparked more interest from other countries to discover Filipino music, connect with Filipino musicians, and the music community.
- She was the Road Manager for notable Filipino bands like Autotelic, Taken By Cars, She’s Only Sixteen, IV OF SPADES, and iconic band The Itchyworms.
- Certeza is also the Country Manager for Sofar Sounds Manila and the former Showcase Festival Curator of the Philippines’ first annual government-sanctioned Music and Business conference, Sonik Philippines.
Contact information: email@example.com