Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
At Adau originated in Sarawak, Malaysia on the island of Borneo. The group started as an experimental world music band in June, 2014 driven by the spirit of traditional Sape’ tunes blended with musical instruments from around the world.
At Adau combines the traditional Bornean sounds of the Sape’ and Perutong with drums, percussions, electric and bass guitar, as well as traditional instruments such as: Djembe and Dunun from West Africa, Congas from Latin percussion, Daf from Persia and many more. At Adau experiments with the fusion of modern and traditional instruments to create innovative and timeless music.
The name At Adau comes from the combination of words from two Bornean languages. At refers to “roots” in the Bidayuh tribe’s language, and Adau in the Kenyah dialect is the name of the preferred tree used to craft the Sape’, a traditional stringed instrument of Borneo. At Adau creates world music to heal and rejuvenate weary souls around the world. At Adau believes that music has the power to overcome all the walls and barriers of culture, gender, age, language, and ideological differences. Our musical creations do not only represents our feelings and expressions but also reflect peace, serenity, appreaciation for nature and a deep love and harmony between people around the world, regardless of cultural backgrounds, races and boundaries.
Experimental World Music
- Website: www.atadau.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/atadauborneo/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atadauborneo/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFep2OAy9pD6uD7-OJWOIVg
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/723PnEEKl1o4j0OQ6a3ngY?si=FVKuEZDYTcGklCFmSKjqTg
- Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/th/artist/at-adau/1111065019
- Amazon Music: https://www.amazon.com/Journey-At-Adau/dp/B01F7HHRJM
- Aaron Bayang (Band Coordinator)
- +6016 – 899 5332
- Meldrick Bob (Band Leader)
- +6011-21889097 (Call/SMS)
- +6014-6945450 (Whatsapp)
- Jackson Lian (Band Founder)
- Email: email@example.com