Intention(s) of attending:
- Look for artists and musical talent
- Connect with other music professionals/delegates
Type of Company / Business:
- Artist Management: Artist Agent
- Artist Management: Music Label
- Artist Management: Booking Agency
- Live Show Business: Concert/Event Promoter
- Live Show Business: Conference & Showcase Festival
- Live Show Business: Venue
- Music Licensing Business: Distributor (Digital)
- Music Licensing Business: Distributor (Physical)
- Media/PR: Media Channel/Platform
- Organization/Institution: Government Organization
- Organization/Institution: Music Export Office
Director and Producer
Music from Okinawa – Organizer of Trans Asia Music Meeting (TAMM)
Music Town Oto-Ichiba – Live music venue
- Ryuji Noda is the Director and Producer of Music from Okinawa and a founding member of Sakurazaka Theatre in Okinawa Japan. For 25 years, Noda has invited many world music artists to Okinawa and organized numerous live concerts including artists such as Tete (France), Taraf de Haidouks (Romania), HANGGAI (Inner Mongolia), BKO QUINTET(Mali) and so on.
- Apart from producing an annual music festival named “Sakurazaka ASYLUM”, he also owns music labels with a goal to introduce Okinawan music with plans to collaborate with artists all over Asia. In 2016, he started “Trans Asia Music Meeting” as a new model of music exhibition in Okinawa and currently works on promoting Okinawan music to overseas and building a music network with other Asian countries.
- He has also recently become the director of Music Town Oto-Ichiba. It was opened since 2007 by the local government with an aim of revitalizing the city through music, and is the largest live music club in Okinawa with a standing capacity of 1,100 people. It includes not only live venue, but a music studio and a music plaza.
- In 2020, he started the music news site Music Lane Okinawa. The site provides information on music in Okinawa, Japan, and other Asian countries.
- Lastly, he is a member of Musiconnect Asia and Global Music Market Network.
Trans Asia Music Meeting (TAMM)
Trans Asia Music meeting (TAMM) is an International Music Conference in Okinawa, Japan established in 2016. It is aimed at strengthening the Asian music network and at the same time introduces Okinawan music to the world. TAMM invites international delegates as well as local music professionals who join in discussions for the betterment and upliftment of the Asian music industry.
The conference includes network meeting, individual and group presentations, one to one meetings. Alongside TAMM, a Music festival “Sakurazaka ASYLUM” is held which also serves as a showcase music event.
The next edition of TAMM will be held between 26-27 March 2022 in Okinawa. The plan is to host the event “offline”, but depending on the situation due to COVID-19, overseas artists may only be able to participate online. Artist applications will open in December.
Music From Okinawa