Intention(s) of attending:
- Look for artists and musical talent
- Connect with other music professionals/delegates
Type of Company / Business:
- Artist Management: Artist Agent
- Artist Management: Music Label
- Artist Management: Booking Agency
- Artist Management: Touring Agency
- Live Show Business: Concert/Event Promoter
- Live Show Business: Commercial Music Festival
- Live Show Business: Conference & Showcase Festival
- Media/PR: Media Channel/Platform
Founder & President
- Having founded MusicDish at the dawn of the digital music revolution in 1997, Eric de Fontenay launched MusicDish*China独立小炒 in 2010 as a creative music agency based in Beijing, focused on producing and promoting live music events across China. He has been promoting and touring a growing roster of overseas artists, including award-winning acts Sugar Blue and Tom “The Suit” Forst, while producing events in North America and Europe for some of the biggest names in the Chinese music world such as Mayday, Jolin Tsai and Second Hand Rose. More recently, MusicDish has launched a series of projects from Hi!Live livestreaming concerts, Get Unplugged不插电的话 live series and Spanish-language radio show El Sonido del Dragin. Over the years, MusicDish has worked with a wide range of music festivals and event organizers in China and abroad such as SXSW, Great Leap Brewing, NYCxDesign and China Institute to produce performances, workshops, panels and cross-cultural collaborations.
MusicDish*China 独立小炒 is a creative music agency based in Beijing, focused on producing and promoting live music events across China. Since producing its first tour during the Shanghai World Expo 2010 for Tomas Doncker, MusicDish*China has been developing and touring a growing roster of international artists, including award-winning acts Sugar Blue, Tom “The Suit” Forst, and Sturle Dagsland. Over the years, we’ve produced 6-8 tours annually, with most tours including events in 8-10 cities across China. For example in 2018, we organized events in 24 cities, including at festivals (OCT-Loft Jazz Festival in Shenzhen and Shunde, MTA Festival, FuNiushan College Student Music Festival, World Music Asia, Yilong Country Music Festival, and Xiamen Chuan Jazz Festival), live houses, art spaces and shopping malls such as Beijing’s SOHO Galaxy and Shenzhen’s CITIC Plaza. MusicDish*China has also produced events in North America and Europe for some of the biggest names in the Chinese music world such as Mayday, Jolin Tsai, and Second Hand Rose.