Intention(s) of attending:
- Look for artists and musical talent
- Connect with other music professionals/delegates
Type of Company / Business:
- Artist Management: Artist Agent
- Artist Management: Music Label
- Artist Management: Booking Agency
- Artist Management: Touring Agency
- Artist Management: Other
- Live Show Business: Concert/Event Promoter
- Music Licensing Business: Publishing / Licensing
- Music Licensing Business: Sync
Born in Manor Park (next to Itchycoo Park) listened to John Peel radio shows from aged 8. Snuck into mid 80’s gigs by older brother. Worked on building sites in the day while going to gigs most nights of the week until the 92 recession then studied Art/Literature/Music in Leicester. In bands at University which led to promoting DIY gigs from 1994 which lead to starting Damnably in 2006 which really took off when Janice (co-director of Damnably) started to help as we brought Shonen Knife over for the first tour in 16 years.
Love to see gigs and travel to see bands in other countries and different scenes around the world.
Damnably is based in East London and began as a gig promoter in 2006. Damnably Records was established in 2009. Co-run by George and Janice Li, Damnably celebrated it’s 15th birthday in 2021, remaining wholly independent and continually seeking out quality new music from all corners of the world. The current roster includes Otoboke Beaver, Say Sue Me, Wussy, Grrrl Gang, Drinking Boys and Girls Choir, Hiperson, David Boring and Hazy Sour Cherry and many others.
Damnably has promoted gigs in 8 UK cities and often has 3/4 label band tours and loves to showcase at SXSW. It handles management and publishing for a select roster.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org